WLNS-TV is looking for an Administrative Assistant. This position will work with accounting, programming, and administration on various duties including but not limited to payables, receivables, petty cash, program schedules, public file, and viewer comments. Other duties would include acting as receptionist welcoming and directing visitors, answering/forwarding calls received by the station, assisting in contest prize fulfillment and distribution, and receiving/distributing mail to all departments in the station.
Work Duties (Including, but not limited to)
• Superior organizational skills
• Ability to multi task
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel)
• Working knowledge of Peoplesoft, Great Plains, and OSI helpful
• HR knowledge helpful
• Strong verbal and written communication a must
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
• Prior experience in a broadcasting environment is a plus
• Ability to use a desktop computer including Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and work as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and successfully meet deadlines
• Strong communicate skills both verbal and written
• Ability to learn new computer system/software
To apply please click on the following link Administrative Assistant Media Generaland submit your resume and application.
Young Broadcasting of Lansing is looking for exceptional candidates to help drive our local media sales efforts. We provide our teams with the tools and training, to sell our 5 television station and cutting edge digital products to Central Michigan. We target thousands of local companies with a highly tuned business-category focus and we introduce these companies to the Power of our multi-media product line.
Responsibilities Include: Prospecting/cold calling, setting appointments with prospects, creative client presentations, and achieving a sales quota. You must have an appreciation for the sales process, performance measurement, employee development, and a results-oriented sales team approach.
• New business to business sales experience preferred with recognition as top-performer
• Minimum of 1 year outside sales experience required
• Strong understanding of lead generation
• Ability to cultivate long standing client relationships
• Media sales background preferred, not required
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance package
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Career Advancement Opportunities
We offer full-featured benefits including 401(k)
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are no longer taking applications for the 2014 fall semester.
You can gain valuable experience in several key broadcasting areas with the internship opportunities available at 6 News. Earn college credit while you learn about the fields of journalism and video production.
To apply for an internship, please check first with your college advisor, then fill out an application at the station or online.
6 News is located at 2820 East Saginaw Street Lansing, MI 48912. We are located near Frandor, on Saginaw Street, across from Williams Auto World.
Applications are available at the front desk between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is the policy of this station not to discrimate in it's employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, creed, religion, sex, national origin or age.
Fill out the internship application form below to apply.
Click here to apply for an internship.