LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) - Described as ‘Tinder for teens' the Yellow app allows users to make new friends using social media profiles like Snapchat and Instagram. While it doesn't sound harmful, the concern is the age verification process.
Users must be 13 or older to access the account. However, it's very easy to fake your age by using an incorrect birthday. The lack of verification for age has experts worried about the risk it poses to young people as well as opportunities for predators.
Watch above to learn more.
Report: MSU students unaware of help...
Fire damages trucking business
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fire hits Jackson Co. trucking company
- Lansing Police search for southside bank robbery suspect
- Skubick: Battle over road repair bucks heats up
- Detroit-area girl, 3, wounded after AK-47 accidentally fires