Information contained on this page is provided by NewsUSA, an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
/Firestone Complete Auto Care) - Spring is in the air. The days are getting longer and the temperatures are rising. Before you know it, summer will be here along with all the joys that come with it, like summer vacations.
But before you dust off those suitcases and head for the shore, you need to put in some crucial hours at the ol' 9 to 5 and really earn that relaxing getaway. So, in the meantime, your friends at Firestone Complete Auto Care would like to leave you with some important tips to help make your daily commute
as worry-free as possible.
* Put the cell phone down. Your car is not a mobile office. Cell phones are distracting. Designate your time in the car as "quiet time." If you must talk on the phone, get a headset -- as now required by many state laws -- so that both your hands remain on the steering wheel.
* Stay focused on driving to protect yourself and others on the road. Trying to multitask while driving is dangerous for you and the other drivers on the road.
* Make sure you can hear auditory driving cues. Listening to the radio loudly can drown out car horns, emergency sirens and bicycle bells.
* Avoid taking your eyes off the road. Turning around to talk to passengers and flipping through radio channels can cause you to steer out of your lane or miss important visual cues.
* Check your tires often. Make sure they're properly inflated, rotated and otherwise in good condition. After all, your tires are the only things between your vehicle and the road.
* Make sure your car is in good condition underneath the hood. Your Firestone Complete Auto Care service center can carry out your vehicle's scheduled maintenance and assist you with any problems that come up in the interim.
* Wear comfortable attire. Before setting off, select a pair of comfortable driving shoes, and remove inhibiting layers.
* Make sure the driver's seat is adjusted to a comfortable position. This is especially important if you share the car with family members. Don't forget to check your mirrors and adjust them if necessary!
Work can be stressful enough -- don't add to the hassle by inviting distractions behind the wheel. Keep your commute stress-free, and you'll find that those summer plans of yours will be here before you know it. Safe travels!