Fire Engulfs Home - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

UPDATE: Fire Engulfs Home

UPDATE: Firefighters say the house is a total loss. We've confirmed that everyone was able to escape from the home safely.

The fire apparently started when someone was cooking. It is not considered suspicious.

 

ORIGINAL STORY: Some mid-Michigan firefighters spent the afternoon trying to douse the flames that engulfed an Ingham County home.

The flames broke out at 3572 Annis Road just before 6 p.m.

While it has a Mason address, the home is about half way between Mason and Leslie just west of U.S. 127.

At least four fire departments are on the scene: Mason, Leslie, Onondaga, and Eaton Rapids - trucking in water to put out the fire at the rural home.

Witnesses tell 6 News the flames are leaping from the house, and a picture from 6 News photographer Corey Petee shows smoke from the fire rising far into the sky. Petee says he could see the smoke from close to downtown Mason, which is eight miles away.

Scanner traffic suggests that everyone who was in the house escaped safely, but the house is likely a total loss.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.