Prices jump 30, 40 cents a gallon
The Lansing Fire Department says arson is the reason behind the fire at a local church now boarded up and burned out.
It happened August 31st and officials say the fire was intentionally started. It happened at the New Testament Assemblies Church on the 100 block of Astor Avenue just south of McLaren Hospital.
Fire Marshal Brad Drury also says they have a suspect in mind, but details on that individual are not being released to avoid jeopordizing a criminal investigation.
The announcement has left neighbors in the area with a feeling of a satisfaction.
"I'm shocked by that, I mean who on earth would do that to the Lord's house. It's just unbelievable to me to begin with. I hope that they can rebuild," said Lansing resident Tracie Perry.
The Lansing Fire Department is currently working with the Automobile Tabacco and Firearms Association to see if further help is needed in closing the case.
You can read the original story here.
2820 East Saginaw Street, Lansing, MI 48912