Meth Lab Causes House Fire in Lansing Township - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Meth Lab Causes House Fire in Lansing Township

Posted:

Officials are now saying that a fire that broke out early Wednesday was caused due to a meth explosion.

Multiple fire departments are trying to figure out what sparked a house fire in Lansing Township.

The fire broke out around 5:30a.m. Wednesday on the 100 block of north Catherine Street, two miles west of the State Capitol. Tri-County Narcotics Officers and State Fire Investigators were called to the scene.

Police tell us that at least one person was injured in the fire. A man came to Sparrow Hospital with burn injuries and was air-lifted to the University of Michigan Hospital Trauma Burn Center. Officials say he wasn't at the scene when they arrived and they would not say if he is a suspect in the incident.

A neighbor called for help immediately after seeing the flames. Ron Wilkes says he grabbed a flashlight and found the woman who lived there crying on the front yard.

No arrests have been made.

 

 

Fire officials say the house is a total loss. The investigation is still ongoing.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.