Red Cross Helps Family Recover After House Fire Destroys Home - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Red Cross Helps Family Recover After House Fire Destroys Home

A fire Wednesday destroys a home, leaving a family in shock a day before Thanksgiving.

It happened just after noon in the Fairview condominiums.

Crystal Vinson only stepped out for an hour with her two daughters to get some lunch, she returned to find her home in smoke and belongings charred.

"I opened my door and there was just this wall of black smoke," Vinson said.

The fire department told here they believe it started in the kitchen, ruining most of their possessions, leaving the family in shock and homeless the night before Thanksgiving.

"I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say, I just feel really confused, lost," Crystal Vinson said.

And unsure as to how they'll replace those lost items without insurance and there's another pressing issue.

"We have a baby on the way, that's due any day."

The family told 6News they had recently painted the baby's room and most of the items inside are now a total loss.

"It's breaking my heart, people have been so generous and have already donated so much to help us with our baby, just for it to all be a loss, it tears me up."

Fortunately the Red Cross stepped in to help, offering them a credit card for clothing and food and a positive outlook.

"I hope we can put it back together and live here again, that's what I want to do," Vinson said.

In the meantime, she will stay with family, waiting for her baby boy to arrive,  thankful that even though her family has lost almost everything, they still have the most important thing this holiday, each other.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.