Huge Fire Destroys Business - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Huge Fire Destroys Business


Five crews from mid-Michigan were unable to save a DeWitt business from a raging fire.

It started just after 7 p.m. at the Clinton Home Center near Business 127 and Clark Road in DeWitt.

No one was inside at the time and no one was hurt, but firefighters say the building was destroyed.

"It appears to have started in the southwest part of the building, on the outside," said DeWitt Township Fire Chief Fredrick Koos. "The warehouse part runs north, south, and that's completely lost."

Officials are still trying to figure out what started the fire.


"This is a significant fire for the warehouse with all the storage and material," said Koos.

The material from the walling and carpeting, supplies that were kept in the warehouse, firefighters tell us the smoke from the flames became even more dangerous.


Loni Wright, the showroom manager, says the holiday season is the home center's busiest time of the year.

"We're really concentrating on helping all those families get their things done before Christmas," said Wright, the showroom manager at the Clinton Home Center.

Wright says employees will be back to work in hopefully a couple of days, when they hope to have business back to normal.

After 40 years in business, Wright says the Clinton Home Center will recover just fine.

"It's a very closeknit, family oriented business. That's gonna help us make a seemless transition and we just pull together," she says.


They'll be open at a temporary location, 13937 Webster Road Suite A in Bath. They can also be reached by phone at 517-482-8752.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.