Space Heater Starts Fire in Jackson Co. Home - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Space Heater Starts Fire in Jackson Co. Home

Posted:

An afternoon fire in Jackson has left 2 people temporary homeless.

The fire sparked around 4:30 PM, on the 1000 block of Pulaski Road in Hanover.

Fire officials say a man and his wife were inside when the fire started on the second floor, but were able to get out safely.

Firefighters put out the flames in a matter of minutes and say it was an electric space heater that started the fire.

The couple is now staying with family members.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.