The victims are the driver and passenger in a car rear-ended by a semi on US-127 Tuesday afternoon.
ADRIAN, Mich. (WLNS) - Police in southern Michigan say crews responded to a chemical release Friday, urging people nearby to stay in their homes as a precaution.
No injuries were reported Friday morning in Adrian, about 60 miles southwest of Detroit. Police say there was no immediate threat to the public.
Police say in a statement that a barrel containing 30 to 35 gallons of nitric acid was letting off gas after reacting with a small amount of sodium hydroxide.
Roads nearby were closed and the fire department asked residents and others within one-tenth of a mile of the area near the intersection of Maumee and Gulf Roads to stay away.
Police say the chemical release happened at a property that belongs to the Dairy Farmers of America. None of the company's products weren't ever exposed to any danger.
No one was injured.
The Lenawee County hazardous materials team was also on the scene, along with the county's emergency management office.
2820 East Saginaw Street, Lansing, MI 48912