Carbon Monoxide Risks Family's Life - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Carbon Monoxide Risks Family's Life

A Lansing family is lucky to be alive after they fell ill from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning early Wednesday morning.

Police say a family member called 911 around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, and asked for help because everyone in the home was sick.

In all, seven people escaped from the house along the 4900 block of Tenny Street.

The family all were able to get out of the home, along with their pets, including rabbits, a lizard, and a dog.

They were originally taken to Sparrow Hospital in Lansing but have since been taken to a hospital in Grand Rapids.

Officials say the family's furnace had recently been repaired, but believe it wasn't fixed properly resulting in the carbon monoxide in the home.

Police say if the family had fallen asleep, they likely would have died within a few hours.

Emerald Morrow is following up on this story and will have more on it tonight on 6 News at 6.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.