Apartment Fire Displaces Family - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Lansing Apartment Fire Displaces Family

Posted:

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) -- A Lansing family was displaced from their home Sunday morning after a fire broke out in a second story unit of the Vanderbilt West Apartments in the 1100 block of Dorchester Circle.

Officials say no one was hurt, but a man and a child will likely be displaced from their home for a couple of weeks. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The Lansing Fire Department says it responded to the call at 9:50 a.m., and put the fire out shortly after 10.

The fire was contained to the apartment where it began and all surrounding residents have been allowed back into their units.

Lansing Fire Department Public Information Officer Eric Weber said the fire was determined to be accidental in nature. However, the cause has yet to be released.

The Lansing Fire Department was assisted by the Lansing Police Department.

Officials say this is a good reminder to check smoke detectors frequently, and to be careful when burning candles and smoking inside.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.