Apartment Fire Displaces Family - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Lansing Apartment Fire Displaces Family

Posted:

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) -- A Lansing family was displaced from their home Sunday morning after a fire broke out in a second story unit of the Vanderbilt West Apartments in the 1100 block of Dorchester Circle.

Officials say no one was hurt, but a man and a child will likely be displaced from their home for a couple of weeks. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

The Lansing Fire Department says it responded to the call at 9:50 a.m., and put the fire out shortly after 10.

The fire was contained to the apartment where it began and all surrounding residents have been allowed back into their units.

Lansing Fire Department Public Information Officer Eric Weber said the fire was determined to be accidental in nature. However, the cause has yet to be released.

The Lansing Fire Department was assisted by the Lansing Police Department.

Officials say this is a good reminder to check smoke detectors frequently, and to be careful when burning candles and smoking inside.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.