Fire Displaces Family In Lansing - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Fire Displaces Family In Lansing

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS)- A Lansing family and their 3 dogs were able to make it out of their burning home safely Thursday morning, but are temporarily without a home.

Fire officials got the call shortly after 9 A.M. to the two story home in the 500 block of Shepard Street.

Crews were able to put the flames out quickly, but officials say that because the fire started in the attic, it did cause some damage.

Investigators do believe that the fire started as a result of electrical problems in the attic.

The family reportedly does have insurance.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.