Summer campers not put off by cooler weather and look forward to Fall adventures.
LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) -- A woman remains in the hospital after a firework explodes in her face.
Officials said the woman followed all of the proper precautions when lighting the firework, but something went tragically wrong.
The firework exploded suddenly and violently, leaving her with serious burns.
Officials arrived to the 1400 block of Ingham St., on Lansing's southwide side, just before midnight Thursday.
There, they found a woman in her 20s lying in the middle of the street with serious burns to her face and upper body.
Paramedics treated the woman and took her to the hospital.
Officials remind everyone that fireworks, although fun, are very dangerous and unpredictable.
The Lansing Fire Marshall's Division looked into the incident and call it an unfortunate accident.
Stay with 6 News for more on this story.
2820 East Saginaw Street, Lansing, MI 48912