Wood Stove, Clogged Chimney Cause Fatal House Fire - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Wood Stove, Clogged Chimney Cause Fatal House Fire

Posted: Updated:

(WLNS) - Authorities in central Michigan say a wood stove and a clogged chimney are the cause of a house fire in Ithaca that left one woman dead.

Officials say 41-year-old Melissa Franks died of smoke inhalation after the home she was renting caught fire Sunday night.

The Gratiot County Sheriff says Franks lived with her two dogs, who also died in the fire.

Investigators say two smoke detectors were not working.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.