Family Displaced Following Chimney Fire - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Family Displaced Following Chimney Fire

Posted: Updated:

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) - A Lansing family's effort to stay warm Monday morning actually forced them out in the snow.

It happened around 1 a.m. Monday at their home on the 3600 block of Aragon Drive.

Fire officials say they lit a fire in their fireplace, but flames traveled up the chimney walls and got out of control.

Firefighters say the fireplace was old and not maintained properly.

Everyone made it out safely.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.