Neighbor Saves Home After Upstairs Caught Fire - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Neighbor Saves Home After Upstairs Caught Fire

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE: Officials say an unattended candle, too close to other combustiblse is responsible for the fire.

Firefighter are reminding everyone to make sure smoke detectors and Carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) - Firefighters in Lansing are looking for the cause of an early morning house fire.

A neighbor called 911 around 2 a.m. Thursday. It happened on the 1200 block of Loraine Avenue.

Crews managed to get the fire out in several minutes. Most of the fire damage is isolated to one of the rooms upstairs.

No one was home at the time.

Fire officials say the neighborhood does not have power.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.