Melting Ice Causes Building Fire - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Melting Ice Causes Building Fire

Posted: Updated:

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) - Consumers Energy officials and Delhi firefighters had to think and move quickly Wednesday morning when a gas meter caught fire. 

It happened around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 4200 block of Keller Rd. Delhi Twp.

The building that caught fire belonged to Moore Trosper Construction Company. The company was using the building to store construction equipment.

Officials say the fire was caused by a sheet of ice that feel from the roof onto the gas meter. This created a spark and then the fire on the outside of the building.

Consumers Energy was forced to dig up the gas line near the fire in order to shut the gas line off.

No one was inside of the building at the time and no injuries have been reported.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNS. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Click Here to link to the FCC's public inspection file for WLNS-TV and Here to view the WLAJ-TV file. Persons with Disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's FCC public inspection file should contact: Teresa Morton- Program Director for WLNS and WLAJ at 517-372-8282. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or fccinfo@fcc.gov.