One Displaced After Fire Destroys Home - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

One Displaced After Fire Destroys Home

Posted: Updated:

LANSING, MI (WLNS) - A Sunday evening fire left a woman without a place to live after flames destroyed her home.

The fire started around 5 p.m. Sunday, in the 300 block of Miller Road, near the corner of Gardenia Ave.

Fire crews worked for about two hours to put the flames out.

Officials say one woman was home at the time, but she was able to get our safely with only minor injuries. She was treated on scene.

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental.

The Lansing Fire Department is reminding everyone to avoid a fire hazard by keeping space heaters and other heating elements away from combustibles.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.