66 Students Homeless After Sorority House Fire - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

66 Students Homeless After Sorority House Fire

Posted: Updated:

Authorities say a fire broke out at a sorority near the University of Michigan campus, displacing 66 students.

The Ann Arbor News and WWJ-AM say there are no reported injuries from the fire, which broke out about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Alpha Gamma Delta house.

The fire department says the fire was reported in a room on the third floor of the house. WDIV-TV says the house has smoke damage throughout.

Jill Harter is a spokeswoman for the sorority's national organization and says the fire is considered accidental. She says she's thankful that all the students are safe and accounted for.

Harter says the sorority is determining where the students will stay as damage is assessed. The Red Cross has offered to help.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.