Army: Fort Hood Suspect Had Requested Leave - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Army: Fort Hood Suspect Had Requested Leave

Posted: Updated:

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Investigators say the rampage that left three dead and 16 wounded last week at Fort Hood was related to the shooter's request for leave from the Army post.

Army spokesman Chris Grey did not indicate during a brief news conference Monday whether Spc. Ivan Lopez was granted the leave.

Grey says the shooting spree Wednesday covered the equivalent of two city blocks as Lopez drive from one area to another on the Central Texas base randomly firing at soldiers.

Authorities have said the shooting was preceded by a verbal altercation Lopez had with other soldiers in his unit.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.