Fireworks Blamed For Fire At Home In Grand Haven - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader

Fireworks Blamed For Fire At Home In Grand Haven

Posted: Updated:
GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (AP) - Authorities in western Michigan say that fireworks landing on the roof may have cause a fire that heavily damaged a home in Grand Haven.

The fire broke out Friday morning.

Reports say fire crews arriving at the scene found heavy smoke coming from the attic. Authorities say the fire was contained by 11:15 a.m. and crews were extinguishing hot spots.

The Grand Haven Tribune says a friend of the owners was shooting off fireworks when the fire started. They say they were unable to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.

Powered by WorldNow

2820 East Saginaw Street,
Lansing, MI  48912

Telephone: 517.372.8282
Fax: 517.372.1507
Email: webmaster@wlns.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Lansing, Inc. A Media General Company.