Representatives from the SEC, DOJ, FBI, NSA, NIH are among the government speakers to address SCCE's Compliance & Ethics Institute, September 14-17, 2014, Hyatt Regency Chicago - WLNS TV 6 Lansing - Jackson | Your Local News Leader
Links, contact information and events you heard about on TV
Links, contact information and events you heard about on TV get more >>
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
Government speakers to share their experience, expectations, and willingness to work with compliance community
SCCE to celebrate its 10th Anniversary during the Compliance & Ethics Institute
MINNEAPOLIS, July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Government is descending upon the 2014 Compliance & Ethics Institute, but not for the reasons many would think. Leaders from the SEC, DOJ, FBI, NSA, and NIH won't be there just to lecture the private sector about new laws and regulations. They'll also be there to share their own experiences with compliance programs as well as to spell out how government and the private sector can work together in key areas like preventing cyber crime, the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) announced today.
"We've turned a corner when it comes to the government's relationship with compliance and ethics programs," said SCCE's CEO Roy Snell. "We're now working together closely to ensure that organizations – both in business and in government – have effective compliance programs, understand the role of the compliance officer, and learn from each other."
From September 14 to 17, 2014, government speakers, some themselves compliance professionals, will join with the compliance and ethics community at the Hyatt Regency Chicago for the Compliance & Ethics Institute to discuss a myriad of topics ranging from cyber security to whistleblowers to corporate compliance and ethics training programs.
Government speakers and their sessions included in the 2014 Compliance & Ethics Institute agenda include: - Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James B. Comey General Session: "Cyber Security;"
- U.S. Department of Justice Deputy Assistant Attorney General Joyce Branda and - Chief of the Security and Exchange Commission's Office of the Whistleblower Sean McKessy General Session: "Whistleblowers: How to Provide the Right Incentives to Report Fraud Internally and What Happens When You Fail;"
- Director of National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Ethics Program Director, Bruce A. Androphy Session: "How to Conduct a Successful, Educational and Entertaining Ethics Day Program;"
- National Security Agency Director of Compliance John DeLong - National Security Agency Deputy Director of Compliance Julia Pallozzi-Ruhm Session: "Big Data – Big Compliance;"
- James G. Sheehan, chief, Charities Bureau, Office of the New York Attorney General Session: "Nudge – Using latest finding from behavioral economics, choice, and framing work to encourage and support compliance programs and compliant behavior;"
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Greg Walters Session: "Free Resources That Create Compelling Ethics and Compliance Training;"
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Executive Director, Values, Integrity and Conflict Resolution Ann D. E. Fraser Session: "Creating and Sustaining a Values Based Organization: Key Factors Important to Embedding an Embodying Organizational Values;"
- National Security Agency Office of the Director of Compliance Assistant Director for Standards, Monitoring and Assessments Scarlett R. Wirt Session: "From Shelfware to Software: Compliance Standards in the Era of 'Big Data;'"
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Supervisory Special Agent Michelle A. Yaroma Session: "Investigations: Strategy and Conducting Interviews."
About the Compliance & Ethics Institute SCCE's Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute is the primary education and networking event for professionals working in compliance and ethics around the world. At this meeting, attendees learn the latest methods and strategies for developing and improving their compliance programs in this rapidly growing and evolving profession.
This year, the SCCE will celebrate its 10th Anniversary during the 2014 Compliance & Ethics Institute.
The Compliance & Ethics Institute features more than 100 educational sessions, 150 speakers, and offers the following seven tracks:
About the SCCE The Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE), established in 2004, is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. SCCE is a non-profit professional member association that serves more than 4,000 compliance and ethics professionals globally. The association provides resources and training to compliance professionals and champions ethical practices and compliance standards. Visit the SCCE website at www.corporatecompliance.org.