MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have chosen St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Oxford English Dictionary releases words of the year
- Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective
- General Motors drops out of the lawsuit against California emissions standards
- Nonprofit gives out hundreds of turkey dinners in Lansing
- EGLE announces nearly $10M to track COVID-19 in wastewater