TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- HAPPENING TODAY: Juvenile Diabetes One Virtual Car Parade
- HAPPENING TODAY: Kroger with cardinal health and dispose-r-x hosting drug take back event
- Who says Halloween is cancelled this year? Drive-thru Halloween extravaganza happening in downtown Lansing
- UPDATED POLL: Senator Gary Peters still leads Senate race against republican opponent John James
- Grand Ledge shines bright in conference matchup with Holt