(WLNS) – All seven victims in the Illinois plane crash on Tuesday morning have been identified.
The small plane, a Cessna 414 crashed just short of the Central Illinois Regional Airport shortly after midnight Tuesday. The flight was carrying passengers from Indianapolis to Illinois.
Two Illinois State University athletic employees were on board the plane, a business owner, a sports barn owner, a former basketball and baseball player, a Sprint employee and the pilot. All seven were killed.
Our sister station, WISH-TV says the McLean County Coroner released the names of all seven victims:
- Scott Bittner, 42, a business owner
- Terry Stralow, 64, a sports bar owner
- Torrey Ward, 36, Illinois State University Associate Head Basketball Coach
- Aaron Leetch, 37, the Illinois State University athletic department’s deputy director for external relations
- Jason Jones, 45, a former basketball and baseball player for Illinois Wesleyan University who worked at Wells Fargo Advisors
- Thomas Hileman, 51, the pilot
- Andrew Butler, 40, an employee of Sprint
Read more from our sister station, WISH-TV: Coroner Identifies All 7 Victims Of Illinois Plane Crash
Officials have not determined a cause and the crash is still under investigation at this time.