LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – ‘Will my child have to wear a mask at school?’ That’s a question on the minds of many parents in mid-Michigan.
With all the conflicting guidance and mandates coming out, 6 News has compiled a list of local schools and their mask requirements.
- Charlotte Public Schools will not be requiring masks.
- Jackson Public Schools will not be requiring masks but they are optional.
- Okemos Public schools will be requiring masks.
- Eaton Rapids Public Schools has released the following statement on masks:
- “At this time, we do not expect facemasks to be required; however, local and state health officials still recommend wearing masks indoors. With that said, should our area experience increased risk in the fall, facemasks will be required. We will continue to monitor cases and transmission.”
- Ionia Public Schools will not be requiring masks.
- Waverly Community Schools will be requiring masks for the months of August and September in all school buildings and buses.
- Eaton Rapids Public Schools will be requiring masks- regardless of vaccination status- both indoors and on school buses.
- White Pines Academy in Leslie will not be requiring masks.
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
- Michigan State University, University of Michigan and Central Michigan University will all be requiring masks.
- Lansing Community College will require masks indoors at all Lansing Community College locations. The new mask mandates will begin on Monday. The school says it applies to everyone regardless of vaccination status.
- Central Michigan University will require all students, staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated by September 3rd.
Don’t see your school here? They may not have released any official policies yet. This list will be updated as information is released.