Carbon Monoxide To Blame In Couple’s Death

News
CarbonMonoxideMLive_18356

MUSKEGON COUNTY, MI (WLNS) – Officials say a husband and wife were found dead inside of a home Thursday and they say carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame.

It happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in the 1900 block of Fir Ave. in Blue Lake Twp., that’s according to our media partners at MLive. The victim’s family members found the couple in their home.

Muskegon County Sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Herremans says the furnace had not been venting properly and the residents tried a do-it-yourself fix. Sgt. Herremans says the couple was using a pipe to provide proper ventilation, but the pipe had frozen shut.

Once the pipe had frozen shut, it was only a matter of time before carbon monoxide leaked into the home.

Officials have not released the names of the victims, as they are continuing to investigate.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Michigan Headlines

More Michigan