MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — Seven U.P. men have been arrested following a 3-day undercover operation involving the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office and other agencies last weekend.
The sting happened in Forsyth Township, according to the Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office, where officers posed as a 15-year-old to suspects on dating apps and prostitution platforms, targeting them for underage sex crimes.
All seven suspects have been charged with the same four crimes: Child Sexually Abusive Activity, a 20-year felony; Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, a 20-year felony; Accosting a Child for Immoral Purposes, a 4-year felony; and Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, a 7-year felony.
The suspects include:
- 61-year-old male from Newberry, Michigan
- 21-year-old male from Houghton, Michigan
- 41-year-old male from Wallace, Michigan
- 18-year-old male from Gwinn, Michigan
- 26-year-old male from Negaunee, Michigan
- 67-year-old male from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- 62-year-old male from Skandia, Michigan
Journalist Chris Hansen, former host of “To Catch a Predator,” was embedded with law enforcement during the operation to film for a new show. That is expected to debut this Thursday on the TruBlu streaming network.