LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – Beginning Monday, Oct. 30, select communities in Michigan will offer early voting. That includes Lansing, East Lansing, Delta Township and Windsor Township.
In the city of Lansing, voters can cast their ballot Saturday, Oct. 28 from 1-4 p.m., at the City Clerk’s Election Unit, 2500 S. Washington Ave.
This is a trial for implementation of a constitutional requirement that begins in 2024.
Lansing City Clerk Chris Swope says he’s eager to test early vote provisions in the city. Just as a voter would at the polls on election day, they’ll be asked to fill out an application. After that, they’ll be handed a ballot – provided a space to vote in secret and then have the ballot entered into a tabulator.
Voters can still request an absentee ballot.
Multiple options are important for voters, says Swope.
“There are a pool of people that really think it’s important to put their ballot directly in the tabulator themselves,” he says. “And I understand that, respect it. And now they have an opportunity to that before election day or on election day – whatever they choose.”
Here are the days and times voters can cast their ballot early in Lansing, at the City Clerk’s Election Unit, 2500 S. Washington Ave. :
- Saturday, October 28th, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Monday, October 30th 9:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 31st 9:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2 9:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Friday November 3 9:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4th, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Sunday, November 5th, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Early voting in Delta Township will begin Oct. 30 and be held in the Delta Township Administration Building, Meeting Room A, 7710 W. Saginaw Highway, Lansing, 48917:
- Monday October 30, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 31, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 2, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, November 3, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, November 5, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
East Lansing voters can cast their ballots early beginning Monday as well. Early voting will be held at the East Lansing Public Library, 950 Abbot Rd. East Lansing:
- Monday, October 30 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday, October 31 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, November 1 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Thursday, November 2 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday, November 3 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday, November 4 11:00am – 4:00pm