Fire started by candle forces family from home

News
fire now_238258

(WLNS) – Lansing Firefighters were called to a house fire after a candle tipped over and a mattress caught fire.

The home on the 600 block of Lenore Avenue was evacuated after parts of the home filled with smoke.

Officials tell 6 News the family lost power in the storm and had been using the candle for light when it tipped onto a mattress.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.