House catches on fire twice in one morning

News

(WLNS) – Lansing firefighters responded to an early morning house fire, which went up in flames again hours after the crew left the scene.

The first fire was called in at around midnight, destroying most of the first floor of the house on the 900 block of Johnson Avenue.

Crews left the scene after putting out the flames, but just five hours later, the board up crew was working to patch up holes and saw more flames coming from the second floor of the house.

Officials tell 6 News a woman lives there but was not there at the house when it went up in flames either time.

Lansing officials still do not know the cause of the first fire, but say the second fire was from left over embers.

Stay with 6 News for this developing story

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.