TAMPA (WFLA) — We don’t need Punxsutawney Phil to tell us Sunday is forecast to be an incredibly unique day.
Feb. 20, 2020 (02-02-2020) is the first eight digit palindrome of its kind since 11-11-1111, University of Portland professor Aziz Inan told USA TODAY Saturday.
Most palindromes only work if you write them in seven or less digits– i.e. 9-19-19, but this one can be written in eight.
What makes the 02-02-2020 palindrome even more unique is that it also works internationally. Whether you write the date in American order, day/month/year, or as many other countries do, month/day/year, it’s the same combination.
There won’t be another palindrome like this one for another 101 years – 12-12-2121.
- ‘She was screaming’: Coyote leaps fence, snatches Florida man’s dog
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- Jackson creates new Youth Counsel