UPDATE: The East Lansing Police Department says the gas leak in the 1500 blk. of Snyder has been repaired.
According to the police, residents can resume normal activities.
ORIGINAL STORY: A morning gas leak in East Lansing caused police there to warn residents to “shelter in place” for a short time.
The initial report that a gas line had been ruptured in the area of the 1500 block of Snyder and the 500 block of Wayland just after 9:30 a.m.
Police warned resident in the area to close doors and windows.
Consumers Energy crews were making the repairs during the morning.