DETROIT (AP) – Detroit fire officials say a woman and her 4-year-old daughter died in an overnight apartment fire that may have started in a stove.
Deputy Fire Commissioner Dave Fornell tells The Detroit News that a 7-year-old boy was also hospitalized with smoke inhalation following Tuesday night’s fire on Detroit’s west side.
He says the fire that killed the 32-year-old woman and her daughter is believed to be “accidental” and early indications are that it started in a stove.
The fire began about 7:30 p.m. in the apartment building and fire crews remained at the scene several hours later.
Representatives for the American Red Cross were assisting other residents of the apartment building.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/