LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – Mayor Andy Schor, Lansing Township Supervisor Diontrae Hayes, and the Lansing Office of Emergency Management are recommending evacuation in various neighborhoods around mid-Michigan due to possible flooding.
These neighborhoods include, but may not be limited to:
• Sycamore Park
• Knollwood Willow
• Cherry Hill
The American Red Cross is assisting residents in providing shelter at Letts Community Center at 1220 W Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48915 beginning at 12:00 PM on Thursday, February 22nd.
To report flooding and other issues please call the Lansing Public Service Department at 517-483-4161.
The following information is tips and recommendations to keep in mind while preparing for possible flooding:
• Persons living along rivers and streams, pay very close attention to the water level
• Do not drive through standing or moving water across roads
• Pay close attention to City of Lansing Social Media using the hashtag #LansingAlert, City of Lansing Website and Lansing Alert notifications for important updates
• Updated Road Closures can be found at www.lansingmi.gov/news
• Flooding information can be found at www.lansingmi.gov/flooding