UPPER PENINSULA, Mich. (WJMN) – All roadside parks operated by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) in the Upper Peninsula will be closed for the season on Tuesday, Oct. 26.
MDOT maintains 32 roadside parks in the U.P. They close annually in late October and reopen in late April. In addition, the southbound I-75 rest area just north of St. Ignace will close for the season on Dec. 1. This rest area is closed for the winter due to reduced use and safety concerns.
For a map and complete list of MDOT roadside parks, visit www.Michigan.gov/RoadsidePark.
- Explore Michigan: Explore The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village
- Staff overwhelmed with long lines at Sparrow Frandor drive-thru site
- Hawaii resident with omicron had no travel history, officials say
- Democrats urge Congress to include paid family leave into Build Back Better plan
- Biden announces plan for free COVID home test kits