UPDATE (6-1-2022) – The suspect, Kyle Wayne Demars, has been arranged in the 56-A District Court in Eaton County on the following charges:

Two counts of assault with intent to murder and one count if interfering with electronic communication device causing injruy or death.

His bond was set at $1,000,000.

UPDATE (5/31/2022 2:36 P.M.) – The Michigan State Police have confirmed more details about the victims.

A 67-year-old woman from Dimondale is currently in the hospital in stable condition, and a 64-year-old-man also from Dimondale is in the hospital and is expected to be discharged this week.

The suspect is expected to be arraigned on charges this week.

UPDATE (5-30-2022, 11:00 pm) – 6 News has learned more details surrounding a felonious assault investigation in Windsor Township.

Detectives and crime scene investigators were still on scene more than 12 hours after the initial call for help.
6 News spoke with six neighbors who were all shocked to hear about the incident. One of them said he believes an older couple lives at the house with their adult son in his 30’s.

The neighbor next door said he rarely saw the son but knew the couple also had an adult daughter who visited from time to time. None of them heard anything Monday, but woke up to the sight of several state police cars.

Police have yet to release the names of the victims or the man in custody. They have not provided updates on victims conditions as well.

However, in an online post earlier Monday evening, a woman claiming to be the daughter of the victims, wrote that her mom and dad are recovering well and that her brother is in custody.

The post goes on to read that he’s a veteran that has a history of mental health issues, and asks for prayers for the three of them.

This story will be updated as new details develop.

EATON COUNTY, Mich. (WLNS) – The Michigan State Police are investigating a possible felonious assault in Windsor Twp.

Troopers from the MSP Lansing Post were called to a home on the 9000 block of Billwood Hwy in Eaton County at 1:00 A.M. on Monday.

Upon arrival, troopers discovered two injured victims. The two were sent to the hospital for treatment.

A 36-year-old man from Potterville was arrested hours later after he fled the scene before troopers arrived.

He faces two charges of felonious assault with further possible charges pending.