BREAKING: President Trump’s son previously tested positive for COVID-19

National News
Donald Trump

President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and Barron Trump stand on the South Lawn of the White House on the fourth day of the Republican National Convention, Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020, in Washington. It’s called a “permission structure.” President Donald Trump’s campaign is trying to construct an emotional and psychological gateway to help disenchanted voters feel comfortable voting for the president again despite their reservations about him personally. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

WASHINGTON (AP) – Melania Trump says her 14-year-old son, Barron, had tested positive for the coronavirus but has since tested negative.

The White House initially said he had tested negative, after both of his parents tested positive earlier this month.

The first lady said Wednesday that subsequent testing showed Barron had also come down with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

He has since tested negative, she says, as have both she and President Donald Trump. The first lady says she was “glad the three of us when through this at the same time so we could take care of one another and spend time together.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Michigan Headlines

More Michigan

StormTracker 6 Radar