LANSING, MI (WLNS) – 6 News has learned through multiple sources that it was another priest who came forward with the allegations of sexual harassment against Father Mark Inglot.
Those sources are telling us that hundreds of members of two East Lansing Catholic parishes learned at a meeting on Sunday that it was in fact another priest who came forward with those allegations of sexual harassment.
We’ve previously reported that the allegations were filed against Father Inglot on September 5th.
According to a statement from the Lansing Diocese, the bishop launched an immediate investigation and deemed the allegations “credible” and placed Inglot on administrative leave.
Inglot has since resigned as pastor from St. Thomas Aquinas and St. John’s Church and Student Center and asked Bishop Earl Boyea for an extended leave of absence from ministry to continue therapy.
The Lansing Diocese has said it was an adult co-worker who came forward with the claims of sexual harassment; however, it would not confirm to 6 News that it was a fellow priest.
In a statement on Tuesday, a spokesperson for the diocese said “Out of respect to victims and in deference to their privacy, the Diocese of Lansing does not name victims.”
This comes at time when all catholic dioceses across the state are under investigation by the Michigan Attorney General.
In fact, when asking about Inglot’s history here in the Lansing area, a spokesperson for the diocese said he cannot access Inglot’s personal file because the Michigan State Police took it earlier this month when it served warrants issued as part of that investigation.
Stay with 6 News for updates on this developing story.