LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) — In many ways, 2022 was a rough year for Michigan State’s football and men’s basketball teams.
The Spartans basketball team was knocked out in the second round of the NCAA Tournament by Duke, while the football program followed up and an impressive 11-2 season by going 5-7.
But it’s the holiday season, and over here at 6 News we’re staying positive!
Jason Strayhorn and Otis Wiley, both former MSU football players and hosts of This is Sparta MSU the podcast, joined Andrew Birkle LIVE from the digital studio to talk MSU athletics.
Andrew, Otis and Jason each came up with some holiday wishes they have for MSU athletics in 2023. (National championship wishes are disallowed, that’s too obvious)
Here’s what was picked.
- Jaden Akins and Malik Hall get healthy and stay healthy for the Spartans
- MSU football enters the Michigan game undefeated
- STOCKING STUFFER: MSU football finds a kicker
- Success for MSU football on the recruiting trail
- The women’s basketball team finds success
- STOCKING STUFFER: Payton Thorne finds consistent confidence
- Dominance from Madi Sissoko
- Recruiting help for MSU’s offensive line
- STOCKING STUFFER: Two Big Ten titles in women’s sports
You can watch the entire conversation at the top of the page!
And don’t forget to check out the THIS IS SPARTA MSU show wherever you get your podcasts.